Unfamiliar Genre Example in Analytical Philosophy

Proposed Emegency Oil Reccollection and Anti-Spill Device

Proposed Emegency Oil Reccollection and Anti-Spill Device
a proposal inspired in part by Rachel Maddow

Welcome....

this blog is about much more than politics...
...it's about the art of argument and investigation..

...making new knowledge from old..

..come in, check out some the first posts ...

let's see what happens...

A few thoughts from
Tom

Communication: Living Knowledge

Communication: Living Knowledge
a proposal (click)

About Me

My photo
ann arbor, mi, United States
This blog is about discussion: ideas of popular culture, ideas of change, ideas of knowledge: all are spoken here.

Students Today

Followers

Search This Blog

BlogCatalog

BlogCatalog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rewritten Personal Statement as an Example of Subject and Object Integration Theory

The following post is a rewritten personal statement. I am posting it here as an example of The Subject as inherent capacity integrated with Object quantity as that which is constructed from that which is inherent.


 

Student Teacher Statement


 

Among the many things the United States Marine Corps taught me was to put my best foot forward before it makes me trip. This kind of common sense approach to trying new things or approaching things already familiar is why I see myself in a Speech Communication or Contemporary Literature and Writing classroom: listening, learning and teaching.


 

Why do I want to Teach


 

At St. Hugo of the Hills Elementary School in Bloomfield Hills Sister Patricia David, my science teacher in the seventh grade asked me to lead a lesson she was giving on the Law of the Conservation of Energy and Matter. She pulled me out of Mrs. Thomas' English class. At the time, Mrs. Thomas was sharing with the class a story I had written about going through a car wash. When the student Sr. Patricia had sent appeared at Mrs. Thomas' door, she agreed and went on with her reading. At first, I was confused but I taught the section she requested nevertheless.


 

It was not until I took an a College Algebra course at Washtenaw Community College last year that I learned why Sister Patricia asked me to teach her class that day. Steve Eisenberg, my Mathematics instructor explained how the rules we use to communicate are the same for Mathematics and Science as they are for Speech. In other words, Mr. Eisenberg showed me how all the disciplines interconnect through a common language of logic. He also showed how that common language is accessible to everyone.


 

Currently I am a frequent "listener," reader, and contributor on several community blogs. Organize for America http://www.barackobama.com/learn/about_ofa.php, is one such blog where I have listened to Americans from all over the country voice their views about the President's plans and policies. Since the summer, I have read and understood all three Health Care Insurance Reform Bills and then shared my opinions in the community forum.


 

In the classroom, I am aware that Computer Literacy is essential for student success. In my current experiences on the Internet, I am learning a great deal about the role social media is playing in the lives of today's student at all levels and I have no doubt that incorporating technology into the classroom will give all students a better understanding of speech, writing, and reading comprehension in these contexts.

https://www.livetext.com/misk5/c1/welcome

https://c1.livetext.com/doc/5342209


 


 

What experiences I have had with young people


 

After leaving the Marine Corps, I volunteered at S.O.S. Community Crisis Center. There, I worked with young boys and girls and their families helping put their lives in order. A couple of years later I worked with Ric Hunt, Becky Zarna Fox, and Jan Koengetter in the Ann Arbor Public Schools System. We were an after school traveling Children's Theater Group working mostly in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. One of the shows we performed in the elementary schools was an adaptation of Androcles and the Lion.


 

In the past few years, I worked with Norma McCuiston as a volunteer teacher assistant in the Ann Arbor Public School's Partner's for Excellence Program. Recently I have enjoyed volunteering at 826Michigan as an after school tutor for children third grade through seventh.

At present however, I am actively involved in getting my own Blog up and running by online publishing E-articles for Bloggers Unite, among others.


 


 

What I Offer to Both Students and Curriculumhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKqTypQH80


 

The first thing I offer is passion for the content material. Since the summer of 2009, I have written, read and created a number of resources that will be useful models in lessons about the relevancy of social media in education. I also offer a wealth of self-knowledge on issues ranging from students with disabilities to the specific challenges facing minority students in education.


 

Secondly, I offer real world expertise. Through carefully constructed Power Point displays and specially made, yet easily understood corresponding graphic organizers I developed while working closely with Dr. Silva Goncalves at Eastern Michigan University's Access Services for Students with Disabilities Office, I have figured out a way to help illustrate several key concepts of Maximum Performance Management, a current concern in Human Resource Development.


 

Lastly, I offer vision. Throughout my experiences in the classroom, in the public eye or in the taxicab I currently drive, I have come to understand that in order to feel functional; a person needs a commitment to serve others by freely giving something of value back to the community, my home. At a recent meeting of the Minority Achievement and Retention Scholars, an on campus professional group to which I belong (M.A.R.S.), the subject of minority retention in education came up.


 

The discussion question: "How do we as educators help to retain minorities in math and science programs?" drew a number of responses. I reminded the group of the lesson Steve Eisenberg taught me. In other words, I feel Speech Communication and similar studies are important in helping all students understand how Mathematics and Science use a language of logic fundamental in any study of Speech Communication.


 

Yet, I feel the single greatest strength I offer students in particular, is the value of persistence.

In some of the articles, I am writing for Bloggers Unite, for example, I am creating an ongoing personal narrative that illustrates many ideas about Speech Communication and English Language and Literature from a perspective of a "lived" and "living" experience.

I believe the points I have highlighted here, thoroughly illustrate what researchers such as Patricia Avery have argued is "authentic education."


 

Equal access to knowledge is critical in a democratic society. I believe an active understanding of communication is among the best tools that will help students figure what any symbol means in any context.


 

Thomas Krawford, December 3, 2009 for more information please follow the links below:


 

References

http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc1.livetext.com%2Fmisk5%2Fmylabels%2Fview%2FMy%2520Work#/posted.php?id=100000489931566&success

http://tkrawftek.blogspot.com/2009/12/from-this-side-brief-opinion.html


 

In this particular example, what is inherent as Subject is of course my experience. What is constructed as Object is the initial narrative based on the text itself. In terms of The Constancy of Occurrence discussed in earlier posts, the rewrite exists as three simultaneous elements. Jointly, the rewrite is a result of collaboration between writer and proofreader. "Direct" describes the nature of the collaboration. In addition, Inverse gives both writer and proofreader a beginning, middle and an end, maximizing the process of an overall and specific narrative clarity.

I argue that one possible application of this method of counter interactional deliberation is in the successful mediation of Conflict Resolution; especially when two or more hostile parties representing competing interests are involved.

My Blog List

BlogCatalog

BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition